foxfire on a limb

foxfire on a limb
Foxfire: Bioluminescent Fungi

Friday, February 24, 2012

Couponing 102 Part 5: Should I Keep Track of My Savings?

Couponing 102 Part 5

Should I Keep Track of my Savings?

Yes, keeping track of your savings is a wonderful encouragement.  I have come away from a shop thinking I did poorly only to go home and find that I had a great one.  Couponing, to me anyway, becomes a game.  I am constantly trying to out do my previous savings.  It is also a job.  Since I am retired I have treated couponing as a way to bring in an income.  In the month of January I was able to save over $100 by using coupons.  I think that is a wonderful start to a new way of grocery shopping! 

I keep all of my reciepts in my binder. From the reciepts I am able to see which store has the best savings, which store I tend to spend the most at, and  I use them to update a excel spreadsheet that shows the money spent before the coupon total, and the after the coupon total.  Once again, it is a great motivator.

This post ends my coupon tutorials.  I am hoping to upload videos to enhance the teaching so that more of you will begin to have the same blessings that I have had while couponing.

No comments:

Post a Comment