foxfire on a limb

foxfire on a limb
Foxfire: Bioluminescent Fungi

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Trust Your Gut: Living the “Life Style Change”



September – October 2012

During this part of my journey I became so discouraged (def: to deprive of courage, hope, or confidence; dishearten; dispirit).  There were many days that I didn’t leave the house for fear of having
an IBS blowout.  I never knew when it was going to hit, on the other hand I wasn’t constipated anymore which was a blessing.  
The Coffee Enemas  that Dr. Jenkins recommended that I do once a day for seven days for the next three months was a taunting task. Doing the enemas was very frustrating for me.  My body didn’t want anymore pressure in the intestines and wouldn’t hold the enemas. Having what I journal “violent blowouts” was a everyday occurrence because I was so full of gas from the Candida. The recommended time to hold an enema is 15 minutes, I was lucky to make it to 7 on the second try!  I will admit enemas tremendously calmed my intestines and the whole ordeal became easier after the first 5 or so.  In fact, there were times when having such intestinal discomfort that I would do an enema for relief.
Then there came the Die Off where I became so desperate to help my body rid the toxins, and kill the Candida that I began treating my journey as a research paper.  I read numerous articles, watched hours of videos and then determine that I needed to help my lymphatic system get rid of the toxins in my body so I incorporate the following into my “Life Change Journey”:
Oil Pulling, a way of helping the body detox.
Dry Brushing which encouraged my lymphatic system to pump, was a stress reducer, and a great way to get rid of dry skin flakes.
Lymphatic Massage this took some getting use to. My tummy was so tender that the first massage I had was uncomfortable, the second one felt wonderful, and by the third I was hooked.  By the advice of the massage therapist I waited two weeks in between each visit.It also helped with getting my lymphatic system pumping.
Rocking for the Lymphatic System which I found to be very relaxing and seem to relieve the ache in my legs while pumping the lymphatic system.
Living the "Life Style Change" became my day to day challenge, my parents where in and out of the hospital several times in those months, and I had to say good-bye to one of my dear friends who passed away.  Because of my determination to conquer the “Candida Beast” and the constant prayers from those who were there to hold my hand, I was finally able to see positive changes in my health.  I began to noticed that my energy level starting improving around the end of October.  I was so encouraged (def: Give support, confidence, or hope to (someone): "encouraging results"; "I feel encouraged").

Medications I was on:

  1. Levothyroxine 75 mg (low thyroid)
  2. Lisinopril 20 mg (high blood pressure)

Meds I stopped taking:
  1. Trazondone 100 mg (decided to stop taking this on my own)
  2. Cyclobenzaprine 10 mg (decided to stop taking this on my own)
  3. Cymbalta 60 mg (M.D. took me off this)
  4. MiraLax taken nightly  (stopped taking this on my own)


Herbs and Supplements Dr. Jenkins had me on:

  1. Digestive Enzymes (digestive system aid)
  2. Pink Salt (substitute for white salt)
  3. Progesterone Cream (balancing hormones)
  4. DHEA (balancing hormones)
  5. Immune Detox Aloe Drink (parathyroid/immune system)
  6. Happy Tonic Solutions (for vaginal health)
  7. Candida
  8. Organic Coffee (for coffee enemas)


Herbs, Supplements, I opted to take beyond what Dr. Jenkins had me on:

  1. Aloe gel caps (helps build the gut)
  2. B-12 (for energy)
  3. Butchers Broom (heal hemorrhoids)
  4. Vitamin C (boost immune system)
  5. Cod Liver Oil (helps build the gut)
  6. Ultimate Flora (helps build the gut)
  7. Dr. Schultze’s formula #1 (for constipation)
  8. Horse Chestnut (heal hemorrhoids)
  9. Magnesium (for LS)
  10. Zinc (for LS)

Diet:

70% raw foods
30% lean meat (no pork or lunch meat) organic eggs
Raw nuts, no peanuts
White tea
No sugar (except 1 teaspoon of honey daily), pasta, potatoes, rice, bread, dairy (except my home-made yogurt) or grains

  • Breads/Crackers/Potatoes: Had a hard time letting go of these foods.  I wasn’t convinced yet if what was going on with my digestive system had to do with this wonderful tasty products but my gut did.  During this period of the Life Change they became my enemy.  Every time I ate them I would bloat up like a hellion balloon, my restless leg cramps returned along with the constipation.

  • Juicing: easiest way I know to get the veggies in.  Started with veggies only.  No fruits. I juiced just about every day.

  • Eating away from home: was not easy.  I packed my own food when I traveled to my folks.  It was hard for me to do that.  I loved many of the foods my family prepares, and there were many times that I completely blew the program and would eat out with them, but I didn’t let that stop me from getting right back to it! 

  • I stopped eating in the middle of the night!  This was huge for me.  I prayed instead of grab.

Mood:  tired and irritable, emotional over any weight gain…easily discouraged

LS: slight burning, itching

Sleep:  very restless, seldom slept through the night.  Lots of body aches, LS flaring up, and urinating frequently. Diarrhea

Naps: over 20 naps ranging from 1-3 hours over the 88 days

Digestive System: bloating, gas, diarrhea, constipation, bitty stools, Hemorrhoids pain and bleeding

Weight:
August 31, 2012 - 219.2lb
October 29, 2012 – 208lb

No comments:

Post a Comment