foxfire on a limb

foxfire on a limb
Foxfire: Bioluminescent Fungi

Saturday, January 5, 2013

A Week's Worth of Juicing




Someone asked me recently, "how many vegetables and fruits do you juice in a weeks time?
I told them that would vary from person to person depending on what they like, what diet plan they are following, their budget, and what is available for them to buy.  Because I have just come from a battle with Candida I haven’t incorporated many variety of fruits back into my diet (fruits have a lot of natural sugars that feed Candida).  Apples were the first fruit I reintroduced and then just last week I started adding pears. So I started my juice journey with all vegetables. 


The National Cancer Institute suggests we eat five servings of fruits and 3 servings of vegetables daily. See my post Why I Juice? Now I have a personal goal to make sure I get all the daily recommended amounts, which means I drink at least 36 ounces of fresh juice daily and often 48 ounces.  The above picture is what I bought today which will produce a week's worth of my daily requirements. Woops... please add one more lemon, two more green apples, and one pear to that picture.  I didn't notice until after I juiced that I forgot to put the kale in the shot. 

This week's juice list:
  • 7 lemons 
  • 14 green apples
  • 3 bunches of celery
  • 7 pears
  • 7 cucumbers
  • 2 bunches of kale
  • pkg of carrots
  • piece of ginger root                 
total servings purchase approximately 61 making that 8 servings a day.  Goal Met!





No comments:

Post a Comment