foxfire on a limb

foxfire on a limb
Foxfire: Bioluminescent Fungi

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Down Black Dog, Down!

Ephesians 6:12-13

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

Today my Father God confirmed plainly to me the reasons to ignore my screaming flesh and go to church…
  • Being greeted at the door by a long time friend who is going through the same issues with family that I am
  • Being met by my best-friend’s smile
  • Being asked by the choir member who sat in front of me, the one for years I thought didn’t want me in the choir because I couldn’t sing and was the reason why I quit the choir years ago, “Did you ever think about joining the choir?  You have a nice voice.”  (she is older now and forgot I was once a member)
  • Being greeted during “shake hands with members and visitors time” by a member who said, “I saw you standing there and you look like you needed someone just to shake your hand.”  I did!
  • Being encouraged by the Pastor’s message, which went right along with what God had been showing me all week in my personal study. (there is no way he would have known what I was studying, but my Father did)
  • Being lifted to the feet of Jesus by a music offering given with so much love that brought me to tears, again.
  • Being able to be completely who I am in front of a King who excepts me, loves me, and gave His life as a payment so I could live freely in His grace
  • Being in unity with a group of people who were searching for a deeper Truth, (that Truth is a person, it’s Jesus)
  • Being joined at the alter with my best friend who was willing to pray with me and shed tears for me and my burden
  • Being taught in Sunday school class the importance of “making a new culture.”
  • Being invited to join in with our old Sunday school class in an afternoon of fellowship and great food at a long time friend’s home where we were able to talk freely about our faith and what God was doing in our life’s.

Good reasons, don’t you think?  So glad I listen to the Spirit today and not my flesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment