foxfire on a limb

foxfire on a limb
Foxfire: Bioluminescent Fungi

Friday, January 4, 2013

Bowls



 

Bowls

In every culture past or present it is obvious that women love their bowls.  Artifacts tell so much about a community and even more precise about the persons who own them. 
Studying people groups are one of the most exciting ways to pass time…haven’t you ever watched people? 
I was washing and drying two of my favorite bowls this morning and thinking about their many uses. It dawned on me that they were much more than a tool; they are a tie to the past.  Here let me give you an example and see if you get my drift…the stainless steel bowl was given to me by my daughter Hope many Christmases ago and every time I use it I think of all the dinners I have made using it…get what I am saying?  Not yet?  Ok here is another example…the crock bowl has been with me since the late 70s,  Hope and I used it to bake cookies when she was four, and I continued to use it for baking with her until she flew the nest.  Then I use it when I baked cookies with her son, and I am still using it today. Talk about the treasured memories they hold.  I love my bowls!


No comments:

Post a Comment